Mail quota

Discussion in 'General' started by hastlaug, Apr 11, 2006.

1. hastlaug

hastlaug New Member

Hi,

is it possible to setup mail quota completely independant from webspace quota?
    I want to allow a customer "usable size" mailboxes, but the webspace should be very limited... until now I didn't find an option to manage this :-(

But even if this isn't possible - thank you for the best free server config software that I've seen so far ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is possible, but only in a special configuration:

1) You must use mailbox and not maildir storage format with a pop3 / imap daemon that supports mailbox.
    2) Your /var or at least /var/spool/mail directory must have quota disabled.

If you uncheck the "Maildir" checkbox in ISPConfig under management > server > settings > email, a new input field for a separate mailbox size will appear in the ISPConfig email user settings.

The drawback is that mailbox is not as scalable as maildir format, but we have not found a reliable and fast procmail recipe for running quotas on maildir. If anyone has seen such a script, please post it :)

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

4. hastlaug

hastlaug New Member

Maybe I didn't clearly point out my problem ;)
    I know that it's possible to have separate mail and web quotas per user when using mbox...

BUT:

It does not seem to be possible to restrict these values separate per customer... there only exists a total quota field.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, that's not possible.