mail recipient_access - rspamd/postfix

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by pyte, Jul 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there!
    During the migration of our old ISPConfig servers to our new ones, we migrate our old mailserver into ISPConfig too. I got quiet a few things set up, but need some thoughts and help with one thing.
    Currently we are rejecting every mail that has a "rcpt" field with addresses that are not contained within a certain database. We do this to avoid spam to our catchall mailboxes, it is configured through postfix with the
    Code:
     check_recipient_access
    under the
    Code:
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions

However i don't want to use the setup like it is within our new ISPConfig environment and rather let rspamd handle this as it seems more appropriate. I've taken a look at the rspamd documentation and it's quiet huge and overwhelming. That section about multimaps seems quiet like something i was looking for with this:
    Code:
    local_wl_rcpt { type = "rcpt"; map = "$LOCAL_CONFDIR/local.d/local_wl_rcpt.map.inc"; symbol = "LOCAL_WL_RCPT"; description = "Local rcpt whitelist";score = -5;}
    But as i don't quiet get the hang of it especially integrating it into a ISPConfig setup, i'd like to ask here for advice.

Is it a good idea to let rspamd take care of the recipient access? Or should i keep it within postfix as it may directly rejects the mail? If rspamd is a good choice for this to handle the work, how can i integrate this, so that the first thing it checks is the recipient access and then runs the rest of the tests, or if recipient access is not giving rejects it?

Any thoughts and help is highly appreciated! Cheers

2. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

I would stay with postfix:
    1. You already have a working solution
    2. Postfix needs much less resources than a spam filter
    However, when you manage to get a working solution with rspamd, I would be interested in a guide ;-)

Th0m likes this.
  3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I want to stay as close as possible to the ISPConfig way of doing this, and as i dosen't seem to offer an way to manage a recipient_access list through ISPConfig.

@till Are there any chances that there is someone alreay working on something like this, managing a postfix recipient_acess list through the interface/api? :)

4. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Th0m likes this.
  5. hhabib

hhabib New Member

Bonjour à tous!
    J e suis confronté à ce message " Erreur SMTP (250) : échec lors de l'authentification " et je viens de d'aide pour la résolution de ce message d'erreur.

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should not hijack threads.
    That error message comes when password is wrong or username is wrong. You did not say what you were trying to do when that error message appeared.
    You can use the error message in Internet Search Engines to find explanations about it.
    Please write in english on this forum. Or in german in the german forum https://forum.howtoforge.de/ .

ahrasis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.