Mail Server With ASSP - any experiences?

Discussion in 'General' started by tom, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Clogboy

Clogboy New Member

@Spudchat:

ASSP is running as the user "mail", Postfix is running as the user "postfix" so they do run as different users.

It actually shouldn't make much of a difference if you run as nobody, mail or another user ("assp" for instance). As long as the ASSP configuration files are owned by this user ("mail" in my case, "nobody" in yours).

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Indeed I was thinking you were referring to the ISPConfig interface... :rolleyes:

3. Spudchat

Spudchat New Member

OK, I've been messing around with it some more and haven't been able to get it to work properly, yet.

I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with incorrect permissions, because when I follow the howto to the letter, the images for the web interface don't load and I have to chmod the image directory to go+r for it to work. The odd part is that when I temporarily set assp.cfg to world writeable and made my changes through the web interface, the changes were still not saved and the machine hung during boot up.

I think I am on the right path now, though, and will keep you guys updated on my progress.

Spudchat

4. Clogboy

Clogboy New Member

Spudchat, I have ASSP working perfectly fine here with ISPconfig. Maybe you can post your assp.cfg file here so I can see if I can spot something odd?

For security reasons don't forget to remove the "webAdminPassword" line before posting it here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  5. Spudchat

Spudchat New Member

I could post it, but it appears to be exactly the same as when I first installed it. I have decided to ignore the web interface and instead configure it by hand, though it would be nice to eventually get the web interface working.

That being said, I'll post the config when I'm done messing with it (probably tommorrow) so you can take a look at it. Thanks for your help :).

6. Clogboy

Clogboy New Member

Just remember that if the web interface is not working or saving the config file properly, there is something fundamentaly wrong. I would fix that before mucking around with the config files by hand as you will need the web interface in the future anyway.

Maybe you can give us a 'ls -laR' of your assp directory and the command you use to start up ASSP.

7. SoftDux

SoftDux New Member

Does anyone know how to uninstall ASSP if it was installed with these instructions?