mail settings

Discussion in 'General' started by mojosound, Feb 24, 2006.

1. mojosound

mojosound New Member

I use verio as a registrar and use their dns, so I don't use the dns in ispconfig. Can someone point me to the documentation for the mail settings both for the zone files and setting up a client like thunderbird? I was able to setup thunderbird to read but not send. I can send throgh the webmail. Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use the DNS from verio you dont have to setup any zonefiles on your server.

Have a look at your thunderbird smtp settings, thunderbird must use username and password (SMTP-Authentication) to connect to your smtp server. This username and password are identical with the pop3 username and password.

3. mojosound

mojosound New Member

When I try to send mail, the connection is made and I put in the password and then thunderbird keeps asking for the password as if I had put in the wrong one. The username for retrieving mail is web2_mojosound and the email address is [email protected]. I am using the the name and password authentication with web2_mojosound as the username. I am using none for secure connection although I have tried TLS if enabled.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check your maillog for errors. I guess your SASL is not configured correctly. Do you follow one of the perfect setup guides?

5. mojosound

mojosound New Member

I followed the Mandriva 2006 perfect setup, for the most part. This is my personal computer that I am experimenting with before I get involved with a production server, so I already had Mandriva 2006 installed. I will look again at the guide and see if there was anything I missed, and I will look at the mail log.

6. mojosound

mojosound New Member

That was it. I missed the check on the file smtpd.conf. Once it matched what was expected alll was fine. Thanks for the help.