Mailbox form/creation

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by m u r, Sep 2, 2005.

1. m u r

m u r Member

Does anyone know how to create a form that will check to see if a username is available and, if it is, will create a new mailbox? I want to have people be able to sign up for emails on my domain. Any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That depends on your setup. If you have a mail setup that is based on system users, you can parse the /etc/passwd file.

For security reasons, it might be better to parse the passwd file by a nightly cronjob, write a file that contains the usernames to your webspace directory. If a new user signs up, you can add the username to this file.

3. m u r

m u r Member

I do everything using ISPConfig and SuSe 9.2. Do you know exactly what scripts I should use?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are no scripts in ISPConfig that you can use directly to add mailusers by your custom scripts, as all the librarys in ISPConfig depends heavyly on each other.

As a starting point you can have a look at the scripts in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/lib/classes directory. There is a script with the name ispconfig_isp_isp_user.lib.php.