Mailbox quotas seem incorrect (too low)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by snowweb, Aug 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. snowweb

snowweb Member

I'm checking Email Sites > Statistics > Mailbox quotas and while I can verify that some are reported accurately, there are also some which are way off.
    Example:
    Reported used space for specific mailbox: 5.11MB
    Result of "du -h /var/vmail/example.com/mailbox_user/Maildir/": 2.5G
    I have access to the mailbox and logging into Roundcube reveals 17k+ emails in the INBOX alone.
    I have run "chown -R vmail:vmail" on the Maildir to ensure that everything is accessible but it's still like it.
    Please advise? Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try this command to let dovecot recalculate quota:

doveadm quota recalc -u [email protected]

Be aware that the display in ispconfig will not change immediately, wait an hour or two before you check in ispconfig again after you recalculated quota.

snowweb likes this.
  3. snowweb

snowweb Member

It worked for the mailbox in question, but is there a way I can do it using a wildcard, in order to be sure that all domains are reporting correctly? For example:
    I migrated all emails using the same methods, so I'm expecting that most accounts are probably affected and there are a few hundred. Thanks.

4. snowweb

snowweb Member

It worked for the mailbox in question, but is there a way I can do it using a wildcard, in order to be sure that all domains are reporting correctly? For example:
    I migrated all emails using the same methods, so I'm expecting that most accounts are probably affected and there are a few hundred. Thanks.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Command:

doveadm quota recalc -A

6. snowweb

snowweb Member

Perfect. Thanks.