Mailer-Daemon unknown emails at queue

Discussion in 'General' started by Pedro A., Jun 14, 2024.

1. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

Hi.
    Every day I noticed 40-50 emails appear at my ispconfig queue. They are from MAILER-DAEMON but I don't know where they are coming.
    I know their origin is my own server but what account? Or, how can I stop it?

MAILER-DAEMON
    (host mx01.grupoaire.es[84.232.27.110] refused to talk to me: 554-esa01-ext.grupoaire.es 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.)
    [email protected]
    Thanks!!!

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Are the e-mails still in mailqueue? Check with command
    Code:
    mailq
    If the e-mails are the, examine the contents, that may reveal what sends them. See command postcat man page.

3. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

Hi.
    Below my post is a capture of the message seen at mail queue. Sender is not revealed.
    What's postcat man page??
    Thanks.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think it is not. Maybe you meant it is from mail log? Anyway, the full message with headers should have much more info.
    Read it with command
    Code:
    man postcat
    Something like
    Code:
    postcat -q F02A342E7E | less
    should show you the full message, where the F02A342E7E is the identifier of message in the queue.
    Then see
    https://forum.howtoforge.com/thread...or-a-first-time-linux-user.83782/#post-399369

Pedro A. likes this.
  5. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

Hi!
    After using that command and making a little investigation, I've concluded the origin of these strange emails was an email redirection that I configured long time ago. I delete it and then the queue remains empty.
    Thanks!

till likes this.