Mailing list manager -- redux

Discussion in 'General' started by IntnsRed, Mar 1, 2006.

1. IntnsRed

IntnsRed Member

Sometime in the past few months, my installation of MailMan broke. That doesn't surprise me since it was sort of kludged in (there's a thread on it in the forums here).

I'm not a heavy user of mailing lists but I do need a mailing list manager. After searching in the forums here I've found quite a few queries about list managers, but no hard recommendations.

In one thread, Falko has mentioned Mailgust, but to me that seems a bit too non-free for my tastes.

So I have a couple of questions:

(1) What are people using for mailing list managers? What works and is fairly easy to install?

(2) Since a mailing list manager is (thankfully!) on the road map to be included in ISPConfig, can the developers give us a hint about that specific tool? Would it be possible to manually install that tool now and set ourselves up for an "easy migration" when the tool is included in ISPConfig in the future?

TIA.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't see any problems with their license. I don't want to sell or distribute their program, and I don't want to modify it. :)

That feature is still in the make - there's nothing we can show you already.