Mailing list with nginx only?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Richard Foley, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

I notice that the mailing list program of choice, mailman, is only supported by apache. However, I am running nginx! ;)

I've looked around and have found no threads relating to this, (apologies if I've missed the obvious one). Is there a way to get a reliable mailing list running sweetly with nginx and ispConfig3?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

2. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

and not 5 minutes later, he falls over the obvious mailing list on nginx post...! :eek:

Thanks for writing that how-to Falko.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Mailman is connected to the mail system (postfix) and postfix is used on ISPConfig nginx and apache servers, so it does not matter which web server you run. The optional mailman web interface is written in perl, so it runs on apache and nginx as well. The link you posted is not for ISPConfig systems, do not follow it to not break the working mailman config in ISPConfig. If you followed the perfect server setup for nginx, then mailman is already setup on your system. Mailman web interface is reachable trough the apps vhost by default, port 8081. if you want to make the web interface accessible on an additional website, then you can use the snippet that is part of the ispconfig nginx perfect server tutorial. So if you followed the ispconfig installation instructions, then you have already everything installed and configured on your nginx server for mailman.

Richard Foley likes this.
  4. Richard Foley

Richard Foley Member

hi Till,

thanks very much for the timely response. This enabled me to not go off down the garden path. I think my apps vhost might be somewhat confused... Will reread the ispConfig installation instructions to see what I missed the first time around.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019