mailman one-way newsletter

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by ac15, Jul 11, 2016.

1. ac15

ac15 Member

hello,
    i was hoping that someone could give me some advice. i need to create a newsletter for a customer, he's got around 150 recipients on his current setup. there is only one person posting to the list, and replies from list-members or otherwise are not to be forwarded to the list. i can setup all of this with mailman, but it still feels a bit chunky and insecure. for example, i don't want to expose mailman's list overview/admin pages. my concern is that if someone manages to brute-force that password, all the list-member's adresses are exposed and (worse) the hacker can use mailman to send out massive amounts of spam to everyone from my mailserver.
    since i don't really need the full mailman functionality i was wondering if there is a lighter, less feature-complete and maybe safer alternative to mailman that still lets me send out these newsletters. a webmail-plugin or something like that perhaps?
    the server itself is a debian machine with roundcube and ispconfig, configured following the "perfect server" guidelines.
    any inputs would be appreciated!
    thanks & kind regards,
    ac15

edit. maybe the better approach is to import all the newsletter recipients as contacts in roundcube, and send out the newsletter by adding the recipients to the bcc? is there a limit on how many recipients a mail can have?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016