[mailman] virtual domains do not work

Discussion in 'General' started by Schalli, May 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Schalli

Schalli New Member

Hi all,

I've set up ISPConfig 3.2.4 on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04.2 including mailman and three domains.
    Lets say I have the domains
    • hostname
    • seconddomain
    • anysender
    the domain of hostname.de is set up as hostname, mailname, mailman ... the secondomain is a regular client also using mailman, anysender is just a client without mailing lists.

Everything worked fine, hostname and seconddomain both had working mailing lists, then I tried to create a new list for seconddomain (let's call it just list) but on the ispconfig page for the list creation there's a field "Listenname" which I thought would be any free text, since there was no domain name field like in the mailbox creation dialog, and a filed "Email Adresse" which i thought was the list mail address... The creation of such a list also was accepted, so I created a list with spaces and other pecial characters as list name (which I then found out is used as the email address for the list) and the "Email Adresse" field is the admin mail address.
    I assume that my first working mailing list for seconddomain was already broken at this time.
    I deleted the incorrect list and created a new one with propper name and admin mail address.
    The new list now is accessible via the web interface on seconddomain/cgi-bin/mailman/...

Now when I send a mail from anysender (regardless if on local machine or external mail service) to list@seconddomain the mail is received by admin@hostname and not by the mailing list, see attached mail.log.
    I could not find any error-logs, neither from list-creation nor from sending / receiving mails.

I have tried
    Code:
    /var/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url list -u seconddomain.de -v
    and
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force
    with reconfiguration of services but nothing helped so far.
    When I execute the fix_url command using hostname instead of seconddomain the list works perfectly fine but has the wrong domain name.

Any suggestions what could go wrong here?
    Are there any config files of interest that I should share?

Many thanks for any help!
    Andreas

Attached Files:

2. Schalli

Schalli New Member

Solved the Problem.
    It seems the mailing list doesn't like the mailname to be equal to an existing mail domain.
    When I changed the mailname to mail.hostname an dupdated the postfix config accordingly all lists worked again.