mailserver don't create mailbox

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by desire.levi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. desire.levi

desire.levi New Member

Hello,

We are using ispconfig3 in a multiserver environnement.
    Since a few days, our mailserver refuse to create mailbox.
    When a user, try to make modification, there is a queue in the GUI. And the QUI keep growing when modifications are never done.
    I'd look in the database to ensure that all the records where logic, resync countless time but no result.
    Then i look in the logs in /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log for the mailserver an i got this error :
    "acces denied for [email protected]".
    With this information, i then look for the sql password in the mysql user tab to compare it with the one in the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php but they are hashed differently so i can't really compare.

I'd like to know where the problem could be.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Theay are not hashed differently. Tje config file contins the cleartext password and the mysql database a hashed password.

3. desire.levi

desire.levi New Member

Alright i checked and the password is correct
    but when i check in the master server's mysql database user tatble, il see a list of user (ispcsrv2, ispcsrv3 etc.) corresponding to the ones in the other server.
    but all they permission are set to N.

Is this the right setting ??

4. till

Yes, thats the right setting. The permissions of slave server connection users are more fine grained, you can find them in the table and column definition permissions.

5. desire.levi

desire.levi New Member

Ok so it's seems that the configuration is okay
    but i sill can't create a mail user and the "acces denied error" still appear.
    There is also this error in /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log
    21.01.2015-08:42 - ERROR - Possible security violation when deleting the maildir:

6. till

Is /var/vmail a symlink?

7. desire.levi

desire.levi New Member

No, it's a normal directory contening the client mailboxes