Main domain for ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jorge, May 16, 2006.

1. jorge

jorge New Member

Hello guys,
    Thanks again for your work!!. I really apreciate your dedication.
    I have a conceptual problem. I am setting a web hosting server with "The perfect setup for debian 3.1" and not everything is OK, I can't understand completely the last part of the installation process and DNS settings. I read some threads but can't find exactly whay I need, sorry.

I have a registered domain (domain.com) pointed to ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com.
    This two DNS servers are going to run on the same machine where ISPconfig is installed.
    ISPConfig will be reached at http://www.domain.com:81, my web page will be at www.domain.com and I have five IP's available that I am going to use this way:

IP#1 ......... ns1.server.com
    IP#2 .......... ns2.server.com
    IP#3 .......... ISPconfig

(IP#4 and IP#5 are free for now.)

-- How can I do it?.

Here is what I did:

*Please enter your MySQL server: localhost (always localhost or I should use www.domain.com?)
    *Please enter your MySQL user: root
    Please enter your MySQL password: *******
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database: ispconfigdb
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web: IP#3
    Please enter the host name: www
    Please enter the domain: domain.com

Then I wrote www.domain.com:81 on my browser and I can't reach ISPconfig, but if I write domain.com:81 I can see the login screen. I don't know why.

1) Are my answers correct?.
    2) How can I setup ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com?.
    I should go to "DNS manager" and create a new master zone (domain.com) with ns1 and ns2 records using IP#1 and IP#2?.
    3) To host my main web page I have to create a reseller account and then the new site domain.com or is there a best way?.

I hope to be clear because english writing is some difficult.

Best regards,

Jorge

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Make sure that www.domain.com exists in DNS and that it points to your ISPConfig server.

Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6292&postcount=4
    You can either create a reseller, or you can create the web site under the admin account.

3. jorge

jorge New Member

Thank you. Sorry for my delay. I did it and everything is working.