Manual removal of site/user (shell)

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Timmy Oblatus, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Timmy Oblatus

Timmy Oblatus New Member

I've created a multi server setup, with a "controller" and 2 webservers. I noticed in the interface, that i was unable to switch server for an eksisting site. So tried doing this with the remote api with the sites_web_domain_update() funktion.

It seemed to work fine, and created the site on the server i selected.
    However the website data dir, user, configuration etc. is on both servers.

If i choose to delete the website from the interface (or api) i'm pretty sure it will delete on the active server, and still have a copy from the server it was changed from, but with "faulty" id's etc making it impossible to delete that way, also i think some directories etc. are "locked" even for root. What is the best way to manually remove a site/config ?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you did with the api is not supported so the results are undefined. All you can do now is to check all records in the database on master to see if any of them have the old server ID and fix that manually in phpmyadmin. then you have to manually clean all records that belong to that site in the database of the old slave server and manually edit the config files on the slave that contain website, php or system user configurations of that site. To unlock a locked directory, use chattr -i

3. Timmy Oblatus

Timmy Oblatus New Member

Thanks till - i though it was something like that - and i think i've cleaned it up manually everywhere now :)