MariaDB conf connect docker container

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kameleon1er, Apr 6, 2024.

1. kameleon1er

kameleon1er Member

Hi guys, back to docker :)
    I'm deploying un app in docker, and need access to a bdd. Documentation shows how to deploy it with a postgress container.
    But I prefer use mariaDB yet existing in my VPS install with ispConfig (@localhost). And to preserve my tiny server ressources, I prefer use my local mariaDB.
    I found an how to shows :
    Code:
    Check for the line that has bind-address = 127.0.0.1
    The default value 127.0.0.1 means that mysql will listen for local connections only. So to open it up to external address, we will change that line to bind-address = 0.0.0.0. Save the changes then exit the nano editor.
    N/B: Sometimes the bind-address = 127.0.0.1 may not be in the mysqld.cnf, in that case, just add the line at the bottom (in this case _bind-address = 0.0.0.0).
    First question is where is the correct file in ispConfig installation ?
    Second one, I understood using this way, it's open mariaDB access to the outside. Is it a way to secure it ? Is it a bad idea ?

Thanks all of you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The MariaDB database already listens to the outside if you followed one of our install guides or used the auto-installer.

Logins are restricted to a specific username, password and IP combination by default. So you can't login from an outside Ip anyway unless you explicitly allowed this when adding a database in ISPConfig.