Maxed out disk space - One error left to fix

Discussion in 'General' started by agentmoller001, Apr 2, 2016.

1. I maxed out my disk space on one of my VPS servers, and it was bad news. I managed to get everything functioning again, and have one error left (that I noticed) to fix.

The ISPC Cron Log now shows the following every 5 minutes:
    Code:
    Sat Apr 2 00:20:01 PDT 2016 tail: error writing 'standard output': Broken pipe
    Sat Apr 2 00:25:01 PDT 2016 tail: error writing 'standard output': Broken pipe
    Any ideas how to fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to run server.sh script manually at a time where minute = 5 or 0 at the end to check if you get a better errr message on the shell.

3. Here's the result. Scratching my head thinking what this possibly could mean. Permission issue?
    Code:
    # date
    Tue Apr  5 07:05:15 PDT 2016
    # /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    tail: error writing 'standard output': Broken pipe
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    /sbin/iptables
    /sbin/ip6tables
    finished.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can try to enable debugging in ispconfig to get further details in whch part of the server.sh process it hangs. Beside that, the tail command is probably not used so many times in ispconfig, so you can try to use:

grep -n -r tail /usr/local/ispconfig

to find the occurrences where tail is used.

5. manyk

manyk New Member

I encountered this problem myself.
    It turned out that Debug Level for that server was set to Warning instead of default Error and the generated log file was too big (contained entire SQL statements that failed due to some other issues) to be processes therefore that "Broken pipe" error message.
    Some log lines were so long than even less (to view that file) was eating all the CPU and triggered swap i/o. :D