Migrate MyDNSConfig 3.0.1 to ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Tsokotsa, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Tsokotsa

Tsokotsa New Member

I have a working installation of MyDNSConfig on CentOS 5 machine. However i recently faced a challenge where i was unable to add a long TXT record on that version.
    While i was looking to upgrade the version i realized that the MyDNSConfig is now moved to ISPConfig. Can you please advise if there is a step by step installation on CentOS 7/8/9 on the following arquitecture:
    1 master
    2 Slaves.
    also please advise if there is a migration tool that will allow me to migrate all zones on my DB of MyDNSConfig to ISPConfig?

thank you in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

MyDNS config was a spinoff of the ISPConfig DNS Module, but ISPConfig itself stopped supporting mydns as a DNS server long ago at the time the mydns software was abandoned by its developers and we now use BIND.

The MyDNSConfig software is basically a small part (DNS plus client module if I remember correctly) of a very old ISPConfig 3 version. So installing a new ISPConfig master/slave system with one master and two DNS slave nodes that use BIND and then importing parts of the old database should probably work. If you are not familiar with SQL and the system internals, then you might want to ask @Th0m from ISPConfig business support team if he might take a look at your mydnsconfig database and if he is able to assist you with installing the setup and doing the migration: https://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  3. Tsokotsa

Tsokotsa New Member

thank you for your quick reply. I have contacted the support for a quote.