migrated client ftp options.

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Jun 28, 2016.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

hi,

i've created a few clients manually in the control panel, as admin, i've created sites, db's, ftp accounts etc, and when logged in as that user, the client can view and edit their own ftp details.
    i've migrated some clients and sites over using the migration tool, and logged in as admin, i can see that an ftp account has been created in ispconfig, and does correlate to the correct client and website, yet when i log into the control panel as the migrated user, i can't see any ftp details, on sites - web access, the only options available are webdav users, protected folders, and protected folder users.

what's going on here? why can't i see the ftp details?

thanks
    lee.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

check that number of FTP users in the client limits is > 0

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

yep. that was it.
    seems a bit odd that it would create an ftp user and then set the limit to 0 though.

thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The admin in ispconfig is like the root user on linux, the admin , like root, is able to override all system limits. so if you denied that the client may add ftp users on his own but created some as admin, then these users will exist but are hidden to the client, as requested by the setting "FTP users = 0" that you did at the time you created the client. So ispconfig did just exactly what you instructed it to do.