Migration failed

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Taleman, May 14, 2017.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Now I am trying a simpler migration, no multiserver setups. SOURCE is ISPConfig 3.0.3.3, Debian version 6. TARGET is ISPConfig 3.1.3, Debian 8.8.
    I got dry run to go OK.
    The migration run seems to fail. I can not see sites generated on the TARGET, and TARGET jobqueue is empty. The generated commands file also fails to copy over anything.
    I tried the first rsync command, it fails even when I try to cut and paste it to root command line.
    Code:
    root@ispcjessie:~# rsync -av --modify-window 10 --delete-before --progress -e "ssh -p22" [email protected]:/var/vmail/kotiZZZZZ.fi/all/Maildir/ /var/vmail/kotiZZZZZ.fi/all/Maildir/
    receiving file list ...
    28 files to consider
    rsync: mkdir "/var/vmail/kotiZZZZZ.fi/all/Maildir" failed: No such file or directory (2)
    rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(674) [Receiver=3.1.1]
    root@ispcjessie:~# 
    I can ssh as root without password from TARGET to SOURCE. The files do exist on SOURCE. On target /var/vmail does exists, but only has mailfilters directory.
    I can not understand why the rsync command fails. If I try to rsync that same directory with just rsync -av it does work.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the migrate log to see if it contains any errors. Do the websites and mail accounts show up in ISPConfig on the target server but no directories were created on the harddisk? This would indicate a problem with the ISPConfig installation on the target and not the migration itself. The rsync probably fails because ISPConfig was not able to create the maildirs in the step before.

Please contact the Migration Tool support directly so they can help you with that issue. The Forum here is not an official support source for the Migration tool, so the support does not read it when you post here.

You can contact the Migration tool support either here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=migration

or by email to migsupport [at] ispconfig [dot] org

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My bad. Seems there was typo in target hostname for the mysql access. I think migrate does not check if that is OK.
    There may be an indication of something wrong when the migrate script did not print the command file name at the end of the run. There were [INFO] and [WARN] messages in the migrate.log about SOAP errors, but I did not understand those and considered them harmless.
    Anyways, sorry for the noise, now it seems to work.