Migration on new server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Frédéric URBANIAK, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Hello, i will soon change my dedicated server.
    On the new server, i will install the last version of ispconfig.
    I have only few sites on my actual server and download files of sites and mysql was not a problem for me but for mails it's another problem.
    On the new server i will create the same sites, same sql, same emails with same password.
    For find email on actual server and put it on the new server, where i can do ?
    Sorry if my english is so bad but i'm french and not bilingual. I hope that you understand my question.
    Thanks for responses.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Frédéric URBANIAK likes this.
  3. I see tool the migration tool but if i can transfer manually i prefer.
    If i download on my actual server directory of each account i can just upload on new server?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm not sure what you mean, but bacically for e-mails you create the e-mail accounts, copy the files, check owners and permissions and that's about it.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

If the old server is using maildir format, you can probably copy each account directory directly to the corresponding account on the new server. If it is in some other format, imapsync may be easier, or you can search for how to convert the format to maildir.

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Manual transfer is always possible the only thing you need are similarities in setup for both old and new servers. Dig or google out this forum and github as from my previous readings there were several methods and scripts shared by ISPConfig users to do the same. That said, of course supporting ISPConfig official migration tool is preferred.