migration tool - creating duplicate users

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Phpelix, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Phpelix

Phpelix New Member

Oops - I made a mistake on my first real migrate run and so had to run it agaian...
    Problem is all the existing imported users are now being duplicated but with a _2 suffix!
    Even after I deleted the duplicates (vv tedious), and answered the question ''Import reserved usernames now" with a NO, it is still duplicating them.

Is there a way to delete them all first - not one at a time though please! Or is there something else I am doing wrong?

2. DDArt

DDArt Member

I had the same issue, had to redo all from start because I was worried that some stuff might linger in settings and such. But I am also interested in the response on how to "reset" to default in order to re-run the "migration script/addon".

3. Phpelix

Phpelix New Member

I had help from Darius of ISPConfig, he pointed out that the reserved names from previous runs are stored in the config file (/root/migration/conf/importer.conf.php) and so all you need to do is delete them - which I did - and start over. If you don't feel competent editing php array's then you could simply delete the config file and start over - but this time yopu will have to re-enter the answers to the initial Q&Q with the tool.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  4. DDArt

DDArt Member

Yes I do recall now, deleting the conf file would have to re-answer the entire gamma of questions or making sure firewalls and ports were open and it worked. It was amazing seeing how rsync can transfer stuff over, gigs of files flying over to the new server. We did notice that we had to enter the password about a dozen times when or if there is a connection issue or something. Not sure if you ran into that, copy and paste helped.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer