Migration tool, tiny error + error message

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by axxies, Jun 11, 2016.

1. axxies

axxies Member

I bought the Migration Tool earlier today and first of all there is a tiny error that might cause some confusion. At some point the scripts asks for the contents of /root/.ssh/id.rsa.pub , but there is no such file. The file in question instead seem to be /root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub (underscore instead of a dot).

Another thing that is a bit strange is that I got this error message and yet, to my knowledge, the info I entered is correct:
    "I could not get the server list from the remote api. Maybe you need to update your ISPConfig first."

How is that remote API accessed? Any special port? I assume (?) it's the remote user?

Any idea what could be wrong?

2. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

The API is accessed from the soure to the target. Did you create the remote-user on the target and enabled the boxs for the remote-user? The port is the same as you use to login into ispconfig (default 8080)

3. axxies

axxies Member

Thank you for your fast response!

It turned out to be that I hadn't restarted MySQL after changing something in the on-screen guide.

Now when I have a look at the generated shell file, I only see a lot of rsyncs for the email accounts, nothing for the databases, database users, websites etc. What am I doing wrong?

By the way: I would also like to know the difference between a "real migration" and a "dry run"? (english is not my mother tongue)

Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. axxies

axxies Member

Aha! Found it. The definition of a "dry run" seem to mean no databases, no database users etc.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A "dry run" would go through all the checks/steps as normal except not make any changes. So eg. it could test the connection to your remote API, but won't make any calls to actually create users and things.