Migration tutorials for just the Control Panel and its Database??

Discussion in 'General' started by fbarcenas, Jan 5, 2016.

1. fbarcenas

fbarcenas Member

Are there any migration tutorials for migrating your installation from one server to another??

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several threads with step by step instructions here in the forum.

3. fbarcenas

fbarcenas Member

I know about the migration script.. But lets say that you want SERVER A to be your control panel and not SERVER B anymore. I just want to migrate the ISPCONFIG DATABASE and CONTROL PANEL. What would be the proceedure? Sorry my question was not specific enough. I adjusted the title to reflect the true question.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I haven't talked about the migration tool. Here are several threads in the forum on how to migrate an ispconfig installation to a new server by moving the ispconfig database. That's the way that has to be used for your case as you cant move the amster of a multiserver with the migration tool. Search for move ispconfig or migrate ispconfig, there should several threads come up on that topic. Just ensure that you dont use one for ispconfig 2.

5. fbarcenas

fbarcenas Member

IS there a particular one you can recommend? The ones I find are moving everything. I just want to move the control panel to a different server.