Mix of Install Problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by shawndb, Sep 4, 2005.

1. shawndb

shawndb New Member

Using SUSE 9.3 and the "Perfect Install" instructions - with the following exceptions: Apache/PHP5 - unable to install with the instructions provided in "Perfect Install" because I kept getting "could not find package" - this was particularily true with the LONG php5 series...(and I double checked the spelling). Anyways - installed Apache from the YaST install and Php4 (which maybe my problem). Nevertheless, when I setup ISPConf I keep getting the following error message:

configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under /usr.
    Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled anymore.
    ERROR: Could not configure PHP

So...what do I need to do to get this working? Oh, and yea, when it comes to Linux am a relative newcomer so be gentle, please...

Bob

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig works as well with the SuSe php4 packages. To your ISPConfig installation problem:

install the mysql-devel package.

Then Delete the directorys following diretorys if they where there /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig, delete the install_ispconfig directory, unpack the installer tar.gz again and run the setup script.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you exactly do as stated in the SuSE 9.3 howto:
    Code:
    apt-get install mysql mysql-client mysql-shared mysql-devel perl-DBD-mysql perl-DBI perl-Data-ShowTable
    There the mysql-devel package is included...

4. shawndb

shawndb New Member

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks for your assistance - I did as instructed and the it still doesn't work. When I did the apt-get I get an error that the mysql-devel couldn't be found - same message for the apache apt-get from the installation instructions. All in all I am very disappointed in the ISPConfig product; installation instructions are not clear and appear to be faulty.

At this point I have given up on this product and would not recommend it to anyone.

Thanks.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hello,

I'am sorry that you where not successful in installing ISPConfig. The installation instructions are not faulty, maybe you missed something when adding the apt sources. The mysql-devel package is available for suse by default and you can install it with apt or yast. As with many other software, ispconfig has its dependencys on other software packages and without fullfilling these dependencys you cant install ISPConfig.

If you got these messages that apt cant find the nescessary packages, i would have recommended you to check your apt sources.list file if all nescessary sources are listed and then run apt-get update.

Best Regards,

Till

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You might have noticed these sentences in the SuSE 9.3 tutorial: :)

Well, ISPConfig depends on a few prerequisites, and if you did not succeed in setting up a clean and proper system, then ISPConfig won't install - it's as simple as that. :) The installation instructions aren't unclear or faulty - maybe you aren't used to working on te command line? If this is the case you shouldn't run a server...