mod_proxy / rewrite rules

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by KenKnight, Jan 10, 2007.

1. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Ok, reinstalled ispconfig and here's some interesting info that happened at the end.

All my virtual hosts are resolving on port 80 properly, however, the ssl is not.

Any suggestions based on what you see there?

SOME PROGRESS:: I did a find / grep command and found that the ISPConfig is now updating a Vhosts file in /etc/httpd/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf , But still including the /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf in apache2.conf. I changed the include to point to the one that is being updated and everything accept the ssl is now working and updating properly.

Any ideas on the SSL?

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    updatedb
    locate proftpd.conf
    ?

What's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? What's the output of
    Code:
    httpd -t
    and
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ? Any errors in Apache's error log or SSL error log?

3. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Thanks falko!

Ken

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /etc/proftpd.conf
    ?

5. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Hi Falko,

I've pretty much given up on the current server and have since create a vmware version to transfer everything to. I'm not going to take the normal route of pulling the db_ispconfig sql database over. I'm going to recreate the all the entries one by one in ispconfig on the new server with all the users and then untar the www.tar.gz and use chown Num:Num to get the UID:GID's to match up properly

My main question now, and this may be better served in a new thread, but what is the proper way to upgrade to php5 in ver 2.2.9? I've tried for the last four days and every time it screws up apache to the point that it simply downloads the php script.

Thanks,
    Ken

PS. On one of my tries recreating everything one by one, I wound up with a couple dozen Vhosts_ispconfig.conf_26-01-07_xx-xx-xx files. Should I wait ten seconds after each modification to give the cron job time to integrate changes?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The besat way is to use the packages from dotdeb.org. I posted this in your new thread too.