Modify welcome email for customer

Discussion in 'General' started by pinkfeet, Jul 28, 2014.

1. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

When any email address is created, one email is sent to same account with "Welcome email..." How could I change that template?

I created custom files (/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/mail/welcome_email_XX.txt) and (/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/mail/welcome_email_XX.txt) , modify code to use that file.. all.. but welcome email isn't changed, it seems that welcome email isn't loading from that path

Thanks

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

You can change the from ISPConfig web interface only, manual changing of the file will not work.

You can change the text of the welcome email that is sent to new email accounts under mail >
    en_mail_user.lng (the fields are welcome_mail_subject and welcome_mail_message).

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You can change /conf-custom/mail/welcome_email_LNG.txt

4. pinkfeet

Hi

In fist place. thanks you for reply.

I was looking that option but I haven't it, maybe are you using another version? I didn't see that options in Mail -> file.lng

I had to change it in System -> languages -> select EN -> en_mail_user.lng and "Email subject", I change it for my new message but I created a new account and I received same message "Welcome to ...."

Any advice?

Thanks

5. pinkfeet

I created a new file in (/path/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/mail/welcome_email_en.lng.txt) but when I create a new account, I receive same message default :/

Any other advice?

thanks.

6. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

you can also try to change server/conf/mail/welcome_email_en.txt

if this works, then the mail-plugin can´t find the custom-file.

7. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Was there any predefined tab for the fields are welcome_mail_subject and welcome_mail_message

Did you created a new entry for (welcome_mail_subject and welcome_mail_message) or did you edited the same preexisting one?

8. pinkfeet

I tried to do it in first place.. but my changes hasn't effect on my welcome email.

Here output:
    /path/ispconfig/server/conf/mail/welcome_email_en.txt

Subject: Welcome PINKFEET to your new email account.

Welcome to your new email account. Your webmaster. PINKFEET

And my welcome email is:

Subject Welcome to your new email account.
    FROM ISPConfigAdd contact
    TO [email protected] contact
    Date Today 13:30

Welcome to your new email account. Your webmaster.

Any advice?
    Thanks