modx evo issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Frank Los, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Frank Los

Frank Los New Member

hi, i m running into a problem, i ve got a website, a bit old, non commercial. Probably crappy, but anyway, it s now running on a proxmox isp config vm on ubuntu 20.4, php7.4 fpm/apache. On the non https site pianoquintet you can choose a nationality, and the alphabet will show what composer names starting with eg an "a" are in the Db. but the copy of that site, an ssl site, pianoquartet the country or any other choice, does not seem to function. The whole is driven by index.java.php, I know it s unsafe, but there s no money to change all, it s a hobby of the owner, so question, how can we make that run, what s wrong here?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just a guess, you copied the site but missed copying the .htaccess file of the site? Or maybe the site uses a custom config (options tab of the site settings) and you missed copying that custom apache config to the new site?

3. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yep, check for the .htaccess. Windows treats those files as hidden and if you didn't check "show hidden files" in your windows machine - it was not selected during transfer.