Monit question

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ledoktre, Sep 12, 2014.

1. ledoktre

ledoktre Member

I am going to be playing with this more this afternoon, but I'm wondering about a couple quick things related to Monit-

1. Does the monit url need to be a public url? I have a public and private network on my system. I have ISPConfig3 tied together on the private one, and then websites, email etc are available on the public. I put monit on one box, and used its private address, but can't get anything to come up.

2. Anyone have any recommended tuts on setting this up for ISPConfig - i.e. which services they use, service definition, etc. I can go through and figure it all out, Im just wondering if there is a default "template" if you will to base from.

Thanks,

Doc

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) A private one should work here.
    2) Personally I use the monit and munin guides that we have here at howtoforge.

3. ledoktre

ledoktre Member

Till,

Greetings. I wanted to comment back on your posts.

1. A private one should work? Maybe I should also mention that while we do have a public and private network, I access it often from the outside -- so it needs to work from within the control panel no matter where I am. Is what you still hold true then? (I guess it would be whether or not the control panel is "proxying" the connection or not?)

2. Ok, awesome. I'll go try to find them.

Thanks!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Then you have to use the external IP. Private IP works only if you access it from the private IP.

5. ledoktre

ledoktre Member

Ok, great. I was wondering if thats all the issue was. I didn't want to open up more ports in the firewall than was necessary.