Moving ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by juampi, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

2. nenad

nenad ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

1) How to FTP files from one server to another through intermediate PC using root account?

server201 - old files zipped from /var/www directory

has to be transfered to

windows PC

and later uploaded to

server200

If I use WinSCP and root acess, file transfer through SSH, transfer is VERY slow.

2)
    How to move files directly between two servers WITHOUTH intermediate PC.

server201 ---> server200
    tar archive is in /var directory, therefore inacessible by standard web user account

3)
    How to import mysql dump created with phpMyAdmin ?
    It looks that import function don't import at all previously exported/dumped set of all databases.

Just to clarify, I don't intend to export one by one database and import them, but to export and import all of them at once (including ispconfig database)

This http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/6_3_en.html is ok for dump (export) of complete mysql, but how later to import that into another servers database using phpmyadmin?

If that can't be done, then this is only solution ? http://www.howtoforge.com/faq/6_4_en.html

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Have a look at the scp command:
    Code:
    man scp
    Either do it one by one, or create a script: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5408&highlight=mysqldump
    http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5191&highlight=mysqldump

Also have a look at mysqlhotcopy:
    Code:
    man mysqlhotcopy

4. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

for direct access using ftp:

exchange user, pass and serverip with your data if you have an ftp account.

if not simply move the files you want to move to the other server into a web directory and on the target server do a
    hope this helps

5. sushestvo

sushestvo Member

I've followed a tutorial on first page and everything was fine at first.
    Then I guess one day my server rebooted itself for some reason, I'm not sure what was the source of reboot, but regardless: after reboot vhosts file from ISPconfig had some IPs replaced, I guess ISPConfig messes it up all the time after each reboot.
    Only one shared IP stays after reboot, the other is gone. MOst sites that have primary shared IP - will have main IP from old server, and some sites with dedicated IPs receive main IP of a new server.
    WHy ISPConfig keeps messing my stuff up all the time? Where does it take the original from anyway? Everything was set up correct originally just like in tutorial on the first page. What should I do to prevent ISPCOnfig changing my vhosts or is there a way to edit the source that panel uses to restore file?
    ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

6. falko

Please make sure that either $go_info["server"]["network_config"] is set to 1 in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php, or that your additional IP addresses are listed in your distribution's network configuration.

ISPConfig is not messing up anything.

7. sushestvo

sushestvo Member

Then why after a reboot all IPs get messed up? I'm talking about vhosts_ISPConfig file.
    If I log on to CP itself and view sites there - IPs are correct. But it won't be in vhosts file if I reboot.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you select the correct IP addresses in ISPConfig for the websites?

9. KenKnight

KenKnight Member

Hi all,

I'm going through this process now and have run into a few snags.

I followed the instructions from the second post basically using scp to pull everything over.

The old server is running 2.2.2 and the new server is 2.2.6. After copying everything over and restoring the mysql databases from a shell, when I click on a site under the DNS manager etc it comes up with

" The requested document type does not exist. "

Any ideas on what I missed? BTW I went through all the tables in the db_ispconfig and modified the ip address records to reflect the correct ip address for this server.

The old server is a PIII desktop and the new server is a Dual PIII 1U Rackmount with SCSI. If there's a simpler way I'll try it, otherwise I feel like I'm fairly close.

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  10. till

Hi Ken,

you can not move from 2.2.2 to 2.2.6 on another server. To move a ISPConfig installation, both servers must have the same ISPConfig version installed.

Update your old server to ISPConfig 2.2.6 and then move the database.

Till

11. sajo

sajo New Member

OK it looks like I am the only stupid human in the iternet... however, I still dont know where the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf and named.conf are placed and what and where are this pri.* zone files are.

Thanks for answer

12. falko

Run
    Code:
    updatedb
    Afterwards, you can search for files like this:
    Code:
    locate Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    locate named.conf

13. wrender

wrender New Member

New server

I have just moved from using fedora 5, to suse enterprise 10 and I'm trying to recreate everything the same on the new server, so that I can copy over everything from the old server.

Everything in these instructions is really good. Thanks falko, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this part of the databases....

"Regarding the mysql database: have a look at the users and db table and add the user /db lines that don't exist on the new server but on the old server."

I've got quite a few databases, and I need to copy all of the users over, with their passwords. I have tried replacing the whole mysql database which I'm guessing holds the users and passwords, but then mysql will not startup on the new server.... Is there something I am missing here?

Also, another question I have is on the old server, i was using Dovecot with Maildir, but on the new server I'm using Courier-Imap with Maildir... when I copy over the email, will this change effect anything?

On my server it seems as though there are two main directories where the ispconfig related data is stored.... /home/adminispconfig and /var/www/ Is this correct?

THanks,
    Wes

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  14. till

Copying the mysql database will only work if the mysql versions on both servers are identical. I recommend to extract the users as SQL-Dump and copy all users except the root and system maintenance user to the new DB.

I think copying the Maildirs will work.

There are three directories:

/root/ispconfig
    /home/admispconfig
    /var/www

The user and website data is only stored in /var/www and your mysql database directory /var/lib/mysql

15. wrender

wrender New Member

OK, So to have my new ispconfig server running, i really only need the data from the following directories and files?
    /var/www/
    /home/admispconfig
    /root/ispconfig
    MySQL Databases (that relate to ispconfig)
    MySQL Users (that relate to ispconfig)
    /etc/passwd (lines that relate to ispconfig users)
    /etc/shadow (lines that relate to ispconfig users)
    /etc/group (lines that relate to ispconfig users)
    Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    /etc/postfix/local-host-names
    /etc/postfix/virtusertable
    named.conf
    all the pri.* zone files
    /etc/proftpd*.conf

Also, isn't the /etc/shadow file encrypted? Will the user accounts still work if I just cut and paste the lines from here? I think what I will do for the databases, is install the same version of mysql on the new server, and then copy over the sql files from /var/lib/mysql on the old server. Do you think this will work?

Thanks,
    Wes

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  16. till

Yes, it works because all linux distributions use the same encryption (if you dont switched to MD5 encryption of course).

Yes, if you use the same MySQL version.

17. wrender

wrender New Member

Here's what I did

Ok, Thanks Till. I think I spent about 10 hours to figure all this stuff out yesturday. Shoulda paid you guys to help me....:eek:

18. cybere

cybere New Member

multiple named.conf locations.....which one....

Thanks for the support so far people.

I am preparing a backup server for my small ISP, and am just tracking down the specified files at the beginning of this thread.

I have located several copies of named.conf in the following locales:

[root@www backup]# locate named.conf
    /etc/named.conf
    /etc/named.conf~
    /etc/dbus-1/system.d/named.conf
    /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/named.conf.master
    /usr/share/doc/bind-9.3.2/sample/etc/named.conf
    /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/named.conf
    /usr/share/man/man5/named.conf.5.gz
    /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf

and of course now im wondering which one it is that you specified.
    I believe it to be the one jailed inside chroot(last one), but now im just guessing.

Again, thanks in advance

19. till

It is /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf, and the symlinked version /etc/named.conf which is identical.

20. merlincc

merlincc New Member

I must be going brain dead!

I built server A to test ispconfig. After using it for a week I decided to rebuild my "good" server so I installed ispconfig on server B.

I followed the instructions from this thread and copied over the directories and files. All went well except when I login to retrieve my email I do not find my email from server A.

I thought the correct Maildir was located in /var/www/www.*****.com/user/{username}/Maildir

Help please!