Moving ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by juampi, Feb 24, 2006.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The maildir is correct. Do you use dovecot as mailserver on server A and B? Have you enabled Maildir under management > server > settings on server B?

2. merlincc

merlincc New Member

I am using dovecot on both servers. I followed the perfect LAMP setup for Fedora core 6 on both servers. I have enabled Maildir on both servers.

Let me give you some history:

I built server A a few weeks back. I was able to get email just fine but have other issues which were pointed out to me in this forum. I reinstalled ispconfig on server A. Things have been great for a week.

Server A is my old secondary sandbox server.

I built my primary server B following the perfect LAMP setup. Found this thread to move files from server A to server B. I moved:
    /var/lib/mysql after shutting down mysqld
    /var/www after shutting down postfix
    /home/admispconfig
    /root/ispconfig
    /etc/passwd
    /etc/shadow
    /etc/group
    Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    /etc/postfix/local-host-names
    /etc/postfix/virtusertable
    named.conf
    all the pri.* zone files
    /etc/proftpd*.conf

I brought up all services on both servers and setup foxfire to connect to each server using IMAP. On server A I still see my email and it is still sending new mail there which is correct.

On server B I don't see the email I expected from server A. I looked in the /var/www/www.****.com/user/Maildir from server A and see old email from 12/7. This is before I reinstalled ispconfig. I look on server B and it is identical.

So...I am thinking that my email is not where I think it is. Thus my question on where it could be.

Here is my directory and the email found there:
    Code:
    [root@kelly cur]# pwd
    /var/www/www.4thegreens.com/user/johngreen/Maildir/cur
    [root@kelly cur]# ls -ltr
    total 60
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 10038 web12 12114 Dec  5 18:52 1165366289.2026_2.kelly.4thegreens.com:2,Sc
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 10038 web12 15459 Dec  5 19:23 1165367868.2546_2.kelly.4thegreens.com:2,Sc
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 10038 web12  4217 Dec  5 19:23 1165367963.2622_2.kelly.4thegreens.com:2,Sc
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 10038 web12 14898 Dec  7 13:07 1165518474.16735_2.kelly.4thegreens.com:2,Sb
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 10038 web12  4196 Dec  7 13:24 1165519473.30546_2.kelly.4thegreens.com:2,Sb
    [root@kelly cur]# 
    Any suggestions?

3. till

It looks like the group with the groupID 10038 soes not exist on the new server. Please compare the /etc/group files on both servers.

4. merlincc

merlincc New Member

All files are identical. All directories have been copied over according to my earlier post.

The problem that I am seeing is the old mail in server A that was copied over on server B. These are identical and if you look at the dates of those files they are from 12/06-12/07. I am looking at my email from today on server A. I do not see any mail from 12/06-12/07.

Where is the email stored?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Till meant the userid 10038, not the group id. What's the output of
    Code:
    grep 10038 /etc/passwd
    on server A and B?

6. Morons

Morons Member

I need to add that some of the build-in linux tools I used to seak out errors in the passwd/shadow files as well as the group/gshadow files are pwck and grpck these two utils will not only show out mismatchings were you missed or messed up but will also fix some errors.

7. guardian

guardian Member

Hello, I have transfer my ISPconfig from Ubuntu LTS to Debian 4, the problem is that I don't have dump from the databases only the content of /var/lib/mysql
    I have copied the files over to Debian and now all tables are read only. Is there anyway to change them?

8. Morons

Morons Member

Have you set the database permissions correctly? google this frum for setting it up or follow instruction in the HOWTO for Perfect Debian.

9. till

please run:

Code:
    chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql/yourdatabase/
    where you replace yourdatabase with the name of the database that is not working properly.

10. toyito

toyito New Member

Hi there...

Im triying to follow this procedure but:

can u tell me where is Vhosts_ispconfig.conf,named.conf and all the pri.* zone files.

Regards

Hector

11. wrender

wrender New Member

file locations

Depending on your operating system, it may be located in different spots. To check where they are on your system.

- Login to ispconfig web interface as an admin user
    - Go to "Management"
    - Go to Server -> Settings
    - Click on "Web" tab
    - Conf. Dir: should be the location of your Vhosts file
    - Click on "DNS" tab
    - Zonefiles Dir: should be the location of your dns files

12. ACDII

ACDII Member

Hi, will this work moving from Fedora Core 4 to Fedora core 6? The howtos are different between the releases.

13. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Help

I configuring a second server for security for if the first one doesn't work, to use this.
    The system, is the same one Debian etch.

First installed in the new server the ISPConfig. I proved without introducing any data and everything worked well.

I have followed the instructions of the Falko
    and the databases mysql, I copy all the folders of databases of the directory / var/lib/mysql and paste in same dir of the new server.

But now when start the new server, appear 2 errors:
    Starting domain name service bind. Failure
    Starting mysql database.... Failure

When login in the panel of administration of ISPConfig, enter the user and the password, appear the following errors:

error when login in ISPConfig control panel :

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

Anyone got any ideas where to solve this errors ?

Thanks in advance,

14. wrender

wrender New Member

database

Hello,

When you are backing up your databases, you can't just copy the database files directly... you need to do a mysqldump command to properly dump the database information. You can sometimes get away with copying the database files, but you need to stop the service first, then copy them. Also the server you are copying them to must have the exact same mysql version running. Here are some commands that I normally use.

mysqldump -p --all-databases > all_databases.sql
    - this dumps all databases into a file. the -p is to prompt for your mysql password.

mysqldump -p db_name > backup-file.sql
    - this dumps a specific database

mysql -p db_name < backup-file.sql
    - this imports a database into mysql

mysqlshow -p
    - this will show the databases on your mysql server.

Wes

15. jfruano

jfruano New Member

Thank you for your response.
    Now can I solve this problem?

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) :confused:

Thanks again.

16. wrender

wrender New Member

login

Try uninstalling and re-installing the mysql software. Then restart the mysql server services.

Wes

17. jfruano

jfruano New Member

The error was mine. :eek:

My server is working in an I.P. of my router and the second server in another different I.P. to use only in local mode and it wanted to have prepared if failed the first server..

I have undone all the changes and has remained as it was.

Already I will try to do it of another form.

Any sugestion for this mode of copy ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Wes, and sorry for the nuisances.

18. wrender

wrender New Member

backup

Hmm i'm kinda confused on what you are trying to do. Do you have two servers and are trying to keep them identical in case one fails?

I don't think this is really possible with ISPConfig. What I would recommend, is just setup another server with the same OS as your main server. Then run nightly backups of your main server onto the backup server. If the main one fails, you should be able to recover from the backup data if you are backing up everything that is needed.

I think there are some articles about this from the guys that maintain ispconfig. They are cool dudes.

Wes

19. mitho7

mitho7 Member

20. till

Which errors do you get in the mail log?