Moving ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by juampi, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Feanwulf

Feanwulf New Member

right - it is /var/www

i changed everything yesterday and it works fine (only some problems with suphp)

2. crayz1

crayz1 New Member

I have read through this entire thread and have a question.

I am replacing my server with another. The hardware is different, but the OS and ispconfig are the exact same. Root and admin have the same password as the old server. The new server will use the same IP as the old as well. This is a complete physical replacement.

Will I be able to skip transfer steps? I know I will have to transfer the mysql database and www files.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Since this is a replacement, you can skip the Postfix transport part.

4. Turbanator

Turbanator Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok I moved successfully (partially) from centos5.1 x86 to fc9 x86_64.

Here's my problem:
    I followd the perfect server setup for fc9 and after ISPC I performed the proftpd customized setup.
    #1: My emails are working find so I''m thinking it's NOT a password issue..but my FTP access isn't working. I cannot access the server using any login that was working previously on the old server for ftp.

#2: In the Site Management, if I UNCheck the FTP Access for this domain and save.....the checkmark doesn't go away. It stays regardless. (I was hoping to uncheck then recheck to reconfigure conf files).

I have also deleted users and added new and still doesn't work.

I'm sure it's user error (me), but I'm finally coming here for help.

5. createch

createch New Member

You may wish to check:

Under ISP config panel
    management > server > services
    is the FTP server "On" ?

management > server > settings > ftp
    is the FTP program you choose is ProFTP ?
    is the conf. File set as /etc/proftpd.conf ?

6. Turbanator

yep. ftp server is proftp, .conf is correct and on. I can connect to it, just won't accept any logins. I double checked my proftp* files were the same on the old server and new, and they are. BTW, the only files were proftpd.conf proftpd_ispconfig.conf
    proftpd.conf.orig proftpd_ispconfig.conf~

And I just noticed that Web-ftp also isn't letting me in...(before
    someone asks)
    Error from web-ftp:
    Could not connect as user web2_admin

Another Edit:
    ssh for the above user is fine as well, so it's just an ftp thing.

Again, I'm on FC9 x86_64 .

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  7. Turbanator

8. kameleon25

kameleon25 New Member

I too am wondering about this. I did a complete dump as root and was hoping I got all the files. I am unable to get at the old install as there was hardware failure. But I do have the entire filesystem backup along with an entire sql dump and the other backups as described in post #2.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The permissions to access the databases are stored in the user and db table of the mysql database, thats why you will have to move all records (users and database lines) created by ISPConfig in these tables to the new mysql installation.

10. kameleon25

kameleon25 New Member

So if I backed up the db with the following command I should be ok right?

Code:
    mysqldump -u root -ppassword --lock-all-tables --all-databases > /root/mysql-backup/all-db.sql
    Just want to verify before I proceede.

11. Feanwulf

Feanwulf New Member

That is almost correct BUT

the "old" database mysql in that dump should not be inserted total just the lines ISPConfig added.

In my case i removed these INSERTs for root user and mysql database

12. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all

I have to move live ispconfig installation with a lot of users to another server .. is there an easy way to prevent users changes in databases, ftp etc.? I suppose some kind of changes in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf for routing all hosted webs to "we are sorry" page, but I am not sure how to do it. Have anybody experience with moving live ispconfig installation and creating apologize page?

Thanks for replay
    SupuS

13. falko

I'd simply switch off ISPConfig during the move. :)

14. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

and
    1. stop the FTP daemon
    2 copy /var/www
    3. stop apache
    4. dump and import the database and shutdown mysql..
    i'd prefer short services outage over inconsistent databases

15. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for replays

I would like to have some information page for customers about server moving .. but hopefully services outage will be only for a few time :)

16. pendexgabo

pendexgabo New Member

moving from 2.2.7 to 2.2.25

hi guys!

I'm just installing my new ISPConfig 2.2.25 in a new machine and my idea is move my old ISPConfig installation to this new one.

so I'd like to know if I could have some problem moving from 2.2.7 to 2.2.25, I mean, moving sites wont be a problem but I don't know if the ispconfig database of the 2.2.7 is compatible with the 2.2.25 schema, so can I do the move or should I move site per site?

thank you!

17. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The database scheme is not 100% compatible. You will have to upgrade your old server to 2.2.25 before you move the database.

18. pendexgabo

pendexgabo New Member

thanks for your reply

Can I do it in one move? or need do it trough an earlier version before update to the 2.2.25?

tty!

19. falko

You can update directly to 2.2.25.

20. na0lb

na0lb New Member

maybe I am over looking it but where is the file (Vhosts_ispconfig.conf)

Lee