Moving mailbox to slave... and more...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by progressed36, Feb 3, 2017.

1. progressed36

progressed36 Member

Hi there,

I currently installed a slave server intended for mailstore. Now the old mx record is still used... how can i transport some mailboxes to the new slave and set a transport rule that if mail arrives at the old mx it sends it to the new one.

I tried setting up a transport rule but it wont work because the domain is still active in the same ispconfig install (but just active on the slave). It will say:
    Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table
    wich is obvious... im just thinking that this problem shouldnt be a hard one... im just not seeing it :)

2. Look at the email routing function in ispconfig cotrol panel. Maybe it's what you need.

3. progressed36

progressed36 Member

thats what im talking about in my post. i can set a routing rule without a problem... but because the domain is still active within the same install it wont work with the message "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table"

4. Oh, didn't understand the question. I don't think this is because of the domain. It means that there is no such virtual mailbox in your database or that it can't connect to the database on the slave server. What do the logs say?

5. progressed36

progressed36 Member

"Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table"