Moving master db

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by theWeird, Mar 6, 2016.

1. theWeird

theWeird Member

Hey there,
    in my multiserver setup I have one really old installation, the ISPConfig Panel Server holding the master database and my primary DNS service.

Now I would like to move only the panel and master database to another datacenter for failsafe reasons and reduce the old server to a pure bind DNS service.
    Well, on every slave server I think it shouldn't be so hard to grep out the masters DNS name or IP and change it.
    I also don't think it will be a problem to setup ISP on the new panel and migrate it with the old master DB, annoying but not too hard.
    But what do I have to change on the old DNS server in order to change it from a master-db to a slave server that polls the new master DB?
    And what are the PHP Libs that are minimum required to run an ISP slave that doesn't server websites?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's not that easy as the new dns slave node will have to get a new server_id (in config.inc.php files), a record in the "server" table on his local database and the master and also his records in the dns_* tables on its local db and the master will need that new ID. An alternative can be (when this dns is a secondary slave) that you reinstall it from scratch, add the new node to the new master, select it to be a slave of the new primary dns and then use the resync function to push all exsiting dns zones to the new dns server.

See a dns only node setup here to get an idea what is needed: https://www.howtoforge.com/multiser...se-servers-on-debian-squeeze-with-ispconfig-3