Muddled hostnames for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by hollymcr, Mar 14, 2006.

1. hollymcr

hollymcr New Member

I'm new to ISPConfig having just installed it on a "perfect" Debian install. I've checked the forums but this is probably a FAQ so pointers greatfully received if it is.

Background:

My setup is on a new PC on my LAN as a testbed for trialing ISPConfig. Its hostname is "emu" (don't ask!), FQDN is emu.my-lan-domain.co.uk. The latter (and *.emu.my-lan-domain.co.uk) is configured in my LAN's DNS to point to the new box, and I have my-lan-domain.co.uk as a DNS suffix on my PC so that I can reach the box as just "emu".

Problem:

With all that, I finally have a working system on www.emu.my-lan-domain.co.uk:81, but if I go to www.emu:81 I have to log in separately, then many of the links redirect me to www.emu.my-lan-domain.co.uk:81 where I have to log in again.

How should I set this up to be simpler to access?

Also: Is there a reason why the links are not relative ones? (This would solve my immediate problem, but I'm guessing would break something else?)

[PS: On first looks ISPConfig looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of!]

(NB: most names changed to protect the innocent, and in any case the server is not publically accessible.)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The controlpanel is build to be accessed by just one URL, the one you entered in the ISPConfig installer.

You can change the URL to the controlpanel in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

The Links in the controlpanel can not be relative because the files where accessed and used in different locations. They will fail when you change them to relative paths.