Multi-server questions

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by beryl, Jun 24, 2017.

1. beryl

beryl Member

More refined questions:
    1. Can i have multiple masters that have synced control panels? (Same on all)
    2. To have a single domain (example.com) for multiple domains, i setup a zone and then a secondary zone?
    3. How do panels sync with each-other? mysql and hostname?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPC multi servers setup that I know use only one CP. I don't quite understand your issues in 2 and 3.

3. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

Like @ahrasis says, i dont think you can use a combination of multiserver / 'clone' server setup.
    Multiserver consists of 1 control panel on your 'master' server. You can have multiple web / database / dns servers connected though.

4. beryl

beryl Member

Seems to be possible according to Till:

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is possible in a 2 server mirror setup. Basically, this setup still has just one master, but it uses MySQL replication to be able to have an ISPConfig interface on both nodes. It works like this:

Databases:

SERVER1 SERVER2
    ----------------------------------------------------
    dbispconfig1 <=> dbispconfig1
    dbispconfig2 <=> dbispconfig2

So the databases exist on both servers and are replicated by MySQL's internal replication, so dbispconfig1 contains the same data on both servers and dbispconfig2 contains also the same data on both servers.

ISPConfig is then connected to the databases like this:

On Server 1, the interface connects to dbispconfig1 and the server part connects to dbispconfig1 as well. On Server 2, interface and server would normally connect both to dbispconfig2, but we change the config file of the interface to connect to the local dbispconfig1 instead, while the server part still connects to dbispconfig2.

This way, we can have an interface on both servers, but both interfaces connect to the same replicated dbispconfig1 database. So we still have just one master database dbispconfig1 but we can have an interface on both servers.

ahrasis likes this.
  6. Tuumke

Tuumke Active Member

Yes, but that is for a cluster. 2 ISPConfig server, serving the same content. For loadbalancing/redundancy/backup.
    Files are synced from 'master' to 'slave'.

If you install multi server, you have mail web database and dns devided. If you want that clustered, i'd think you have to setup all the independent servers double, and sync only the files that need to be synced for each service.