Multi-server Setup: package for mail,sql and web/ftp

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by itanium, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

I get this:

2. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Any ideas to get user ispconfig back in?

3. damir

damir New Member

You can always add the user through phpmyadmin, don't forget to reload privileges after user is added.

4. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

(I was using the skip grant option)
    I added the user ispconfig via phpmyadmin, used the password found in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php

Flushed privileges. Restarted mysql. But now the password for ispconfig is changed? And my sites are extremely slow. Also for example site/phpmyadmin is not available or takes very long.
    I changed back to the skip grant t option. I think I will reinstall my server from scratch.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why shall it has been changed? The ispconfig password is in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php and the password is in cleartext. So if you add it in phpmyadmin, you have to choose "PASSWORD" to encrypt it.

Regarding the slow server, you should test if the login for the ispconfig user works now and if thats the case, then reboot your server.

6. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Sorry Till I was unclear.

I added the user ispconfig via phpadmin and used the password like mentioned in the config.inc.php file.

After that when I want to login to ispconfig control panel it sais access denied for admin with the same password I always used before.

Rudolf.

7. till

Have you tested that you are able to login to the mysql database and switch to the ispconfig database with the username "ispconfig" and the password from the file? You can test this with the mysql command or phpmyadmin.

8. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

I get access denied.
    How can I grant access to dbispconfig for user ispconfig?

I was looking in phpmyadmin (under dbispconfig, permissions) but there I can't add user ispconfig for db dbispconfig.

Cheers,
    Rudolf.

Os should I set "ALL PRIVILEGES" for user ispconfig?

9. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Under the user settings of user ispconfig I "GRANT" the user ispconfig to use the db dbispconfig. Is this enough?

I flushed privileges and I restarted mysql. But I still get this error at the login of the ispconfig controlpanel:

I checked and now I can use DB in mysql with user ispconfig, I don't get access denied message.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  10. till

Should be ok but please test it, you will see if you can enter to the ispconfig database with phpmyadmin.

11. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Via phpadmin, logged in as user "ispconfig" I can enter the database "ispconfig".

But at the the ispconfig control panel still

when I try to login as admin.

12. till

Then look at the dbispconfig database, is there a user with username "admin" in the sys_user table? If yes, try to set a new password. The password has to be encrypted with "md5".

13. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

I reset the admin password in md5 in phpmyadmin.
    But now I see that none of the users can login into the ispconfig control panel?

14. till

And does the password work afetr you reset it?

15. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

No nobody can login.
    Also admin after reset can still nog login.

16. till

Ok, then I guess there must be still a permission problem with the ispconfig mysql user.

17. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

OK but I can connect with user ispconfig to the db dbispconfig via mysql and in phpmyadmin. Now the ispconfig user is granted "USAGE" of the dbispconfig. Should I change this to "ALL PRIVILEGES"? And how do I do this?

18. till

The ispconfig user is connecting only to the ispconfig database. I'am not sure if the problem can be solved witthout more debugging of the mysql connections

19. ikrudolf

ikrudolf Member

Did this file change on new version of ISPconfig3?
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php

20. till

Yes. But not the values within that file as the updater copies the values from the old file to the new file during update.