Multiple HD - IPC Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by alexillsley, Mar 2, 2007.

1. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Wouldnt work with my setup i dont think, basically at the moment i have 2 servers i would like to merge them to create a powerfull server

the server that is currently in use uses the 120gb disk which i need move to the other server installing ispc

2. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Ok i have got the diskmounted as /var_new and copied most of the var files to var_new however it has an error when trying to copying any files in /var/spool/postfix/private saying "cannot read" the owner (root) has read permmisions :confused: any ideas?

3. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I got the disk mounted and working, just installing apache,proftpd,ISPC, etc

4. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

*** EDIT: I reinstalled opensuse so i wont have the problem this post was for ***

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  5. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

Alex, it's good practice to leave posts in forums, as they could be referenced in the future. Editing should be done for typo's, clear errors etc.

Updating the case/post with your results of ongoing efforts should better be added as a new post. That way, future readers of the forum will understand what problems you had and how you solved them.

I'm sorry you had to reinstall, but I'm glad you could do it rather quickly.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  6. alexillsley

alexillsley New Member

Thanks for all you help!

Its all up working again!