Multiple IP Addresses per NIC

Discussion in 'General' started by koltz, May 1, 2007.

1. koltz

koltz Member

Searched the forum but found nothing. I have ISPConfig setup on Ubuntu 7.04 via the perfect setup. I have a main IP address 172.20.255.11 which I can access the main site and other sites using that IP address. But I also have 4 additional IP addresses setup *.12 - *.15 in ISPConfig. But I cannot connect to the domain using 172.20.255.12. I can't even ping the server from that server. Am I missing something that those IP's have to be added to the interface file? Or what am I missing?

Corey

2. koltz

koltz Member

I did an

which allows me to ping the server and check email, but now for the website I get an error 500 "Internal Server Error".

Does the ifconfig save the info or do I need to create that? Also, should I have added the subnet and other info to the ifconfig?

Corey

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If your IP addresses are already enabled, you don't need to change /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php; otherwise, if you want ISPConfig to enable the additional IP addresses, you must set $go_info["server"]["network_config"] to 1.
    You must add your additional IP addresses to the IP address field under Management > Server Settings.
    What's the output of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    , and what's in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf? Any errors in Apache's error log?