[Multiple ISPConfig servers] Howto select best server for remoting account creation?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by krakoukas, Jul 6, 2007.

1. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

Hi,

I am running ISPConfig on one server. For scalability reason, I need to have a second server (maybe more in the future). But I found nothing about easily managing this situation.

For a single server, I have written a "register.php" page that works.
    Now, I would like to automatically choose the less "already created user and quota" server. To create account on the "best" server...

I have installed the new server giving to same MySQL server, but I had to define different ISPConfig databases: "db_ispconfig" and "db_ispconfig_1".

I am thinking about making a dirty hack with sql connect to both db to make my own server select. Then redirect to the account creation page (using the selected server remoting).

I am not sure this is the best way of doing it:
    - Will it be compatible with a future ISPconfig v3 update?
    - Is there any body that already made a "select my remote server" function?
    - Has anyone ever been in the same situation, and what solutions have you found?

Any help is welcome,
    Thanks

I have also read this thread : OpenSSI
    Anybody tried it?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

With the remoting extension for ISPConfig, you can add users to as many servers as you like. there is no connection to the SQL server nescessary as the remoting framework works with the SOAP XML protocol.

ISPConfig 3 is a complete new and different software, it is not directly compatible to ISPConfig 2.

3. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

Sure it is! But each each server has its own remoting connection, so my inscription page needs to know all my available servers to be able to create account on the least used.

I have the same reseller account created on each server, then I must get web list from each one to make a "web_speicher" sum and select server which has the more web space left...

So each time I add a server, I must add its remoting parameters to my init stage that selects server before displaying the account creation form.

If anyone is interested in such a php form, I'll post it when done...
    But if you already have one, I'll be glad to have it.

Thanks

4. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

Multiple servers same database

I was thinking about define the same database for all my ISPconfig servers by changing it in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

In this case all servers will know my entire setup (reseller, client, web),
    May be the configuration will be applied to all servers filesystem...
    But users will be routed to the good one by DNS...

I think I must add all my servers in table "isp_server". And may be tweak a little code...

Do you think it is possible or will it makes conflicts?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This will not work as ISPConfig sets a status field on changed records which will be reset after the changes are written to disk. So only one server will execute the changes in your setup, the one that first recognized the changes.

The setup that you want is supported in ISPConfig 3 but not in ISPConfig 2.