Multiple Servers Running Together (web, db, email)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gjcomputer, Jan 2, 2006.

1. gjcomputer

gjcomputer ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I would like to use ispconfig (with ubuntu perfect setup) with 3 servers if possible. 1 computer (dual proc opteron 64 bit) for the web server. 1 computer (single proc opteron 64 bit) for the database server. and 1 computer (P3 1.1GHZ dell) for email only. is this possible? they will all be networked with ips ranging from 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.101 - 192.168.1.102...

by the way... AMAZING setup so far, thanks a million to the staff!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, thats not possible with the current ISPConfig released. This is planned as feature for ISPConfig 3.

3. gjcomputer

awesome! any ideas on when the next release will be available? i love seeing what new features u guys add.

4. gjcomputer

5. till

The next Ispconfig 2 release will be available in 3 - 4 weeks.

But if you mean ISPConfig 3, i think it might be finished in about 9 - 12 months. But that depends heavily on how many developers where joining the project.

6. gjcomputer

what are you guys looking for in a developer? i love this project and have many resources availble.

7. till

Please have a look here on how to get started with ISPConfig development:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135

You will get then access to the ISPConfig 3 repository too.

Falko has finished the DNS Manager part already and I'am working currently on the email implementation. Still open are parts like a domain registration module, invoicing, virtual server management and many more.