Multiserver configuration issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sergio W., Sep 2, 2016.

1. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Hi people :)
    I'm configuring a new server to run on ISPConfig as a second server. I'd like just to have nginx and mysql on the second one, but I'm encountering 2 problems:
    1) phpMyAdmin running on apps vhost cannot connect to the second server, because phpMyAdmin just look at the local MySQL server, what's the best practice to solve this? should I add the second server to the phpMyAdmin config.inc.php?
    2) I'd like to not install Mail server on the second server, but in this way PHP cannot send emails, should I install the SMTP server (with/without the POP3/ISMP server) or better to configure PHP to use the 1st server's SMTP?

Thanks for any precious help!

2. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Any help?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) You can configure multiple servers in the phpmyadmin config file or you install a second phpmyadmin instance on the second server.
    2) youu need a minimal postfix instance on each server. you can configure postfix then to relay emails trough the first server in main.cf file.

4. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

Thanks for your reply till,
    about phpmyadmin on the first server, in order to make it work I should give permissions to every db account on the second mysql server to also access from the first one ip address. Is there a way to make this automatically during the database account creation?

5. Sergio W.

Sergio W. Member

The problem about the option to install phpmyadmin on the sql server is actually that the second server doesn't have any web server installed, but I assume that for every DB user created I should manually setup permissions for the ip of the webserver which is running phpmyadmin. Is there any way to automate this? Any help?

Thanks!