multiserver mailman question

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JaapV, May 1, 2015.

1. JaapV

JaapV New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I'm working on a multiserver ispconfig installation (version 3.0.5.4p5). I want to run Mailman on one server (lists.domain.name) and have another server (mx.domain.name) for sending and receiving non-mailinglist email.

However, when I make a new mailinglist, I can choose all mail domains, regardless of the server they are configured on.

At first, I configured mx.domain.name for mailinglists too. Later I removed Mailman from that server and ran php -q update.php to remove mailman.

I've solved it now by editing the file: /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/mail_mailinglist_edit.php line 110. I added: server_id=6 AND in this query:
    $sql = "SELECT domain FROM mail_domain WHERE server_id=6 AND ".$app->tform->getAuthSQL('r').' ORDER BY domain';

Now I get only the domains that are registered on my lists.domain.name server.
    Is there a cleaner way to solve this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The system assumes that mailman is installedn on each mailserver, thats why all servers show up. So the only option at the moment is that you change the ispconfig code if you dont want to show all email domains.