Multiserver setup

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by wadethomas, May 31, 2015.

1. wadethomas

wadethomas New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to debian and I have set up a server using the perfect server tutorial. This is a learning exercise for me but I'm having trouble adding virtual servers in ispconfig 3. I'm using virtual box to create the host machine which is debian 8. I'm trying to create a multiserver setup I've subscribed for the manual but no good. Could someone point me in the right direction.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The perfect server setup does not include virtual servers, so you cant add them in ispconfig. The reason tor that is that the openvz kernel has a conflict with the linux quota system, so you can either host virtual servers on a server or websites, but not both. The perfect server is a website hosting setup. If you like to create virtual servers then you need a openvz host server, take a look at the ispconfig documentation page, there is a link for such a setup. Openvz is not available for debian 8 yet, so you would have to use debian 7.

3. wadethomas

wadethomas New Member

Thanks for the info I'll have to look up the pros and cons of each and then decide.

o