Multiserver

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rube, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Rube

Rube New Member

I have 2 debian server, and i follow multiserver tutorial.
    Secondary dns (installed on secondary server) works great,
    but i have a question: can i use both server of web server (i'd like when i am in "website" section, select if new website will be created in server1 or server2, but i can see just server1 in dropdown list)
    Can anyone help me?
    Thankyou

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess both servers are configured as a mirror (setting is mirror of server under System > Server services), this mode will cause ispconfig to create all assets on both servers, so when you add a dns record it gets created on server 1 and server 2. The same applies to websites, so when you add a website on server 1, it gets added on server 2 as well and therefor there is no option to select server2 as target as the data is automatically mirrored. A server can be either a mirror like in your case, which means that all services that exist on server 1 are mirrored to server 2 or they can be independent servers in a multiserver setup where you can select on the master server if a record is on server 1 or 2 but not on both.

3. username

username New Member

hello till, can you help me with running up 2 and more web servers (no mirror)?
    when i want to add a new site i can see column server and list of web servers (as admin), but our client/reseller can not see this column
    i think that this problem is probably in the fact that i did not understand exactly
    thanks for your time

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats intended.you can set the server where the client may add a website in the client limits.

5. username

username New Member

thanks for your time again :] i am still looking at clients templates :]