My emails are mark as spam on hotmail

Discussion in 'General' started by webcimes, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Alex Mamatuik

Alex Mamatuik Member

Okay, let's think about that together - i am at your service.
    Anyway, Pyte, could you expose whole his dns-zone record as a file (string-output)?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If e-mail server uses IPv6 address for sending, then it needs AAAA and reverse AAAA records, similar to what is needed for IPv4 address. So if the server sends using IPv6 address but did not previously have AAAA record it can be fixed with adding those. I'm not sure if an e-mail domain needs AAAA record, and it would be suprising if www record affects e-mail delivery.

3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Sure that is true. But the part that sounds off and not related at all as it is not neccesary for mailing to have any A or AAAA Record set for the domain, or am i missing something?

4. Alex Mamatuik

Alex Mamatuik Member

@pyte , let's make some test
    (but also i expected, that you expose a dns-table)
    Which e-mail's to do i have to send letters?

Normally, to understand, whether it's delivered or not, i use the notification report (through RoundCube) - beside of checking physically.

5. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm sorry i am not sure what you're trying to do here. All i had to say in this thread is that i am aware of the problem with some providers that even though an email is perfectly valid, they get flagged as spam, and that there is no easy way to "fix" this.

The part with the IPv6 AAAA records does not make any sense to me, because there is almost zero relation between mailing a A/AAAA Records of a domain.