My ISP Config 3 maybe got hacked ...

Discussion in 'General' started by leiw, Jun 21, 2016.

1. leiw

leiw Member

Hello,
    Version: 3.0.5.4p5
    Our ISP Config 3 can't send out email, I checked mail.log has a lot of email sent from one of customer domain, but this domain no any email address hosted on this server ..... and MX record is hosted by Namecheao.
    And then used MXtools to check out on which RBL blacklisted, it is Protected Sky

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sounds as if a website got hacked and the spammers send out emails trough this website now, thats quite common and not ispconfig related. Scan the directory that contains all websites (most likely /var/www) with a malware scanner, you can e.g. use the free trial from ISPProtect for that: https://ispprotect.com/

you can also check the headers of the emails that are still stuck in the outgoing queue to find out how the mails are send and if they are send from a webiste, then the headers might contain the name of the PHP script.

3. leiw

leiw Member

I know the domain of email address, is this domain contain malware ?

4. till

Most likely yes. But you should do what I suggested above to find out if that's the case.

5. leiw

leiw Member

Yes, using trial web scan on this domain.

6. till

You should use the scan for the complete /var/www directory, not just this domain. It can be that another website on the same server has been hacked and this domain name is just used to send out the emails, so scanning just one domain makes not much sense.

7. leiw

leiw Member

OK, using the download trial version to scan now.

8. leiw

leiw Member

After scanning detected this domain has 14 Malware files, now I disabled this domain website / FTP / databases account first.

9. leiw

leiw Member

But still sending spam email, what I can do? deleted all files from this domain ?

10. leiw

leiw Member

All files deleted from this domain, the spam emails still sending ...

11. leiw

leiw Member

file malware quarantined
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-admin/ms-admin.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-admin/nav-menus.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-admin/user/user-edit.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-content/languages/plugins/error88.php {ISPP}suspect.crypted.globals
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-content/plugins/disable-comments/languages/general.php {HEX}php.base64.v23au.185
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-content/themes/dt-nimble/phpini.php {ISPP}suspect.upload.insecure
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-content/themes/naturo-lite/no-results.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-content/uploads/2016/start94.php {ISPP}suspect.crypted.globals
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-includes/certificates/user97.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-includes/js/jquery/page50.php {ISPP}suspect.globals.eval
    /var/www/clients/client10/web9/web/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/page.php {ISPP}suspect.crypted.globals
    /var/www/clients/client14/web12/web/wp-content/plugins/google-captcha-pro/bws_update.php {ISPP}suspect.eval.base64
    /var/www/clients/client14/web12/web/wp-content/plugins/google-captcha-pro/captcha_for_cf7.php {ISPP}suspect.eval.base64
    /var/www/clients/client14/web12/web/wp-content/plugins/google-captcha-pro/google-captcha-pro.php {ISPP}suspect.eval.base64

12. till

13. leiw

leiw Member

After deleted all mailq email, no spam email send out, now I have to release the IP address in RBL, thanks!!