My Opinion On Changes

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by OpenSources, Apr 24, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hello, All.
    I wanted to share my opinion on some changes/modifications that I feel ISPconfig needs to make things easier for me.
    1. The DNS should have a better method for coming up with records. I use a multiserver and the automated DNS did not reflect that I had to build a template.
    2. Basic spam prevention needs to be on as default. I'd rather find emails in spam and say their not spam than having to navigate around spam in my inbox. Spam should be automatically sent to a spam folder by default.
    3. The billing module should allow ADMINS to delete invoices with a password verification. Creating invoices is a little extensive and errors happen while learning the module.
    4. Automating Client Limits. It really is confusing and it doesn't make sense for a limit template to allow a person to choose over their limit then tell them what set limit is. I also don't like the fact that all the limits show unlimited by default. It confuses people and as an admin it makes it seem as if the changes are not applied.
    5. Get rid of templates on top of templates on top of templates. It would be more efficient to be able to build templates based on specific service and not just everything at once and having to keep calculating the changes and MB and bandwith. I would like to see a template come together like this.

Package One
    Web - Limits = C
    A, B, C
    Email - Limits = A
    A, B, C
    DB - Limits etc
    NS - Limits etc

Package Two
    Web - Limits = B
    A, B, C
    Email - Limits = A
    A, B, C