MySQL connect...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom1gozzi, Jun 11, 2006.

1. tom1gozzi

tom1gozzi New Member

I try to install ISPConfig on mandriva 2006, with special thanks again to Falko for the
    "Perfect install mandriva"

I spent much time to try to configure the server ISPConfig by testing many installations.

But I have the same problem each time at the end of the install.

I think that I just badly interpret the setting for MySQL connect at the end of the ispconfig installation.
    (At least, it is what I hope for ! ? )

Here my personal information for my web site during the installation of ispconfig :

login = root / server name = ns1 / domain name = inventiste.biz

Here what request ispconfig and my response in glance:

Please enter your MySQL server: E.G. localhost ==> (must I register “ns1” ???)
    Please enter your MySQL user: E.G. root ==> (must I register “admin” ???)
    Please enter your MySQL password: ==>( OK mysql accept my password)
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database: ==>(Here I confirm "ispconfigdb")
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web:==> (192.168.1.17 is my IP)
    Please enter the host name: E.g. www ==> ( I must leave as www i think)
    Please enter the domain: E.g. xyz.de ==> ( inventiste.biz ).
    I am certain that many newbies as me will be very happy to be reassured here knowledge how to carry out
    this configuration. thank
    you very much.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

enter: localhost

You must use an existing mysql user, that has the same privliges like the mysql root user.

you must enter: ispconfigdb not just hit return.

Host plus domain together must be a valid URL pointing to your server, trhat can be pinged by the installer. If www.inventiste.biz points to your router and your router forwards the ports to 192.168.1.17, then the data you entered is correct.

3. tom1gozzi

tom1gozzi New Member

Thus my error is there.
    Completely newbie, and looking on "Perfect install mandriva" I did not create an admin user for MySQL and login as "root" directly !!!
    In fact, the installation of ispconfig succeeded, except that I was obliged to put ns1 (my server name) instead off www, and I do not believe that it is in relation with "root" login in mysql ?
    Is there any way to retrogress ?? or must I all reinstall ispconfig ? And this time, to envisage a user administrator in MySQL ??
    Thanks so much. JL

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The MySQL root user is perfect, no need to create another admin. :)