mysql error stops job queue

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by muekno, Jan 27, 2015.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to add a symlink in /usr that points to the file in /etc/mysql/

2. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I moved /etc/m.cnf to /usr/my.cnf, checking the log mysql first tries /etc/my.cnf, as in the log I can see a cat /etc/my.cnf 2 times and then probably /usr/my.cnf as all seams to work correct. In any case, f you have both my.cnf paramteres in /etc/my.cnf will be overwritten by /usr/my.cnf as it will be read later. If you will keep your /etc/my.cnf you should probably comment all in /usr/my.cnf

A symlink as you probose will read /etc/my.cnf twice I think
    Rainer

3. till

which does not matter when both contain the same config.

4. muekno

that's right, but does it matter for ISPConfig where my.cnf is, do you read or modify it? I think, you don't. What might be interesting for you and other ISPConfig users is the fact MySQL has changed something and this might be in other distributions too
    The other question is the long time strategie, to stay with MySQL or to change to MariaDB. By the I read MariaDB will no more be fully compatible to MySQL in the future.

Rainer

5. till

Putting the config file in /usr and ovverriding the one that is in the correct place in /etc can only be a bug in the opensuse package as no other distribution has this issue. With a symlonk you ensure that your setup will work when this bug is solved while keeping it working until then. Putting the config file in /usr and using this to override the one in /etc is also agains the rules of most distributions.

Regarding mariadb: all recent perfect server gudies use already mariadb, so I dont understand your question about moving to it.

6. muekno

this message from the mysql log I posted yesterday
    Feb 26 14:25:50 w3 mysql[1150]: New default config file was created as /usr/my.cnf and
    Feb 26 14:25:50 w3 mysql[1150]: will be used by default by the server when you start it.
    seam not to be a bug. See also here http://ronaldbradford.com/blog/mysql-configuration-file-created-in-usrmy-cnf-2013-08-03/
    The /etc/my.cf is not overidden but it is quit longer than this in /usr which is has only the sql_mode parameter, which is importent for ISPConfig and overides that one in /etc
    As I see mysql tries to read /etc/my.cnf and than /usr/my.cnf leading to the problem why I started this thread.

Regarding mariadb: In all documentation (ispconfig_manual.pdf and tutorials) you write MySQL, no word from mariadb, thats why I asked. I have no problem to switch to mariadb, don't like Oracle anyhow. Maybe that should be cleared for other new ISPConfig users.

Rainer