MySql Script

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by mphayesuk, Dec 27, 2006.

1. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok I have a table containing about 2.5 million records, before I use it with MySQL I am trying to tidy up the data in MS Access, basically every field was seperated by [] and Access can only seperate fields based on one character, so I have [ in every field. Trying to do a find and replace on the table does not work, it looks like access can only find and replace 140000 items at a time which in reality is only about 12000 records, so its going to take me a while to amend the whol table.

If I import this table data into a mysql file is there a way I can either seperate the fields based on two chars or find and replace on the whole table without it pausing.

If so can anyone provide me with an example script to replace one char in every field.

Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can you export the Access database to a text file (.csv, for example) and do the replacement there?

3. mphayesuk

mphayesuk Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks for your answer.... I have done a work around by installing sqp server personal edition t import all the data which will allow me to specify 2 chars as field seperators. now I just have to export it and then import the sql file into mysql.... sounds easy but I dont think it will be.

Thanks